ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Fabric Flower Tutorial


Here's the easiest way to make fabric flowers...in my opinion...and I am not the inventor of this...and I guess there's tons of these tutorials out there, but I wanted a tutorial on my blog, so let's throw one more on the pile, shall we!


You'll need:
Fabric, Felt, Scissors, Needle and Thread
--------------------------------------------------------
Cut out the following: 

4 large circles
4 medium circles
4 small cirlces
 Remember, I don't measure things. 

Here's what we're making...


I also cut out some random extra pieces to fill in gaps if needed...



This is the dyed fabric from the previous post...I love it!

Step One: Fold a large circle in half. 



Then fold in half again, and sew to the center of your felt base. 

One stitch is plenty..as you will be layering on top to reinforce later. 

Repeat until you have all 4 large circles stitched to base. 


Step Two: Build up the second layer using same folding techniques with your 4 medium sized circles. 

I like to stagger the petals in between the cracks. 



Step Three: Build up your last layer with your smallest circles folded twice then stitched to center. 

Next you get to experiment with your "centerpiece". Here's a Rick Rack Rose as a center....probably a hot glue situation. 

a pearl bead...

Another bead...

Or you could just ball up a small circle and stitch it to finish off the flower...

Here's a variation with different prints...all hand-dyed in "wine" color. 





No comments:

Post a Comment