ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall Break=Halloween Party Decorations Done!

Every year my husband and I throw a Halloween bash with all the fixins. I have accumulated a ton of decorations and pinterest ideas throughout the years. This year we haven't designated a costume theme and instead we are having a costume contest. I haven't officially quit decorating...I just thought I'd get these ideas out there for anyone who is needing ideas.



So, a new addition to the party this year is a photo booth complete with a handmade black t-shirt yarn spider web. For a tutorial on how to make this, click here: tshirt spider web tutorial.





Below you can see me and my wonderful husband modeling the concept.


Standing Pose


Sitting pose

Next we come to one of my new passions...tablescaping, in the words of Gene Belcher: 

"It combines accurate table-setting placement with creative themes and costumes."

My hubster and I are going to be vampires this year...no "Twilight or Buffy/Interview with a Vampire" references. I'd say we're more of your East Nasty rebellious non-conformist type. So here's my tablescape...obviously this will look way different with actual food on it and not just lightbulbs. But here's a good base anyways... 





I made a black spiked bunting that is getting lost in the curtains, so I might replace that elsewhere...


Here you can see my striped witches legs...super easy with masking tape and a cut in half pair of Halloween clearance tights.


Next I bring you to the back of the front door...I tried the spiraling black paper bats. I'm not sure if I'm a fan...but a new way to hang these super cheap-o paper bats I cut out is fine by me. I like using fresh ideas for old things and the budget appreciates that too.



A couple of years ago I made this wire spider web using rebar tie wire and smaller wire. I spray painted the whole thing matte black. This is something I use every year so it was worth the sore fingers of working with rebar tie wire. 




Some painted wooden pumpkins...made from scraps of different sizes of wood. Painted orange and black with acrylic and latex enamel, then hot glued a cut tree branch to the top. 


These are actually pretty creepy. I haven't decided what else to do with this table yet....but it needs something a little more. 

Of course there will be candles everywhere, but I hope you enjoyed your Halloween party sneak peek.  

No comments:

Post a Comment