ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tree Branch Wreath

 

IMG_3535

Materials:

Depending on what you have laying around your house, this wreath could essentially be free. But in the event you aren’t a hoarder like me, you may need the following:

green/yellow felt

hot glue gun and glue sticks

tree branches

scissors

moss/green things

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step One:

Gather a bunch of fallen tree branches from your yard. (Include curious cats…)

IMG_3515IMG_3517

Step Two:

Make a strong cup of coffee and find a Matlock marathon on tv to watch.

IMG_3518IMG_3519

Step Three:

Plug in the hot glue gun and start breaking branches to the length you want. Mine turned out roughly 8”x10”…could be bigger…however, I’d probably wrap the corners with some hemp to reinforce a large wreath. These are really cute small also, as you’ll see in a minute.

IMG_3521IMG_3522IMG_3523 

I started with 4 sticks…and glued the spots where the sticks naturally rested on the other branches. I created about 4 layers of sticks stacked on top of each other, so about twenty sticks total.

Step Four:

Gather felt and random green things you have.

To make rosettes:

Cut varying sizes of circles from the felt and spiral cut from the outside to the center.

IMG_3524IMG_3525

Use hot glue to tack the felt together…start in the center and curl around like a flower.

IMG_3526IMG_3527

Step Five:

Attach rosettes with hot glue into the corners of your tree branch wreath.

IMG_3535IMG_3530

Leftover wreaths….I had a whole pile of great branches left over and I couldn’t help myself, so I started making mini-wreaths.

IMG_3529

I have had these little green plastic succulent looking plants for awhile and I finally found a good use for them.

Luckily, I have a wonderful wood working husband who cuts these little gems for me. I started hot gluing these wooden discs to the mini-tree branch wreaths and I love the way these turned out. I’m thinking wedding centerpieces with votive candles! Or, these would be good for a natural picture frame….or, you could purchase a very simple flat wooden picture frame and use that ready made frame to hot glue these little wooden discs to. Lots of amazing things to be done with wooden discs and tree branches.

IMG_3531IMG_3532IMG_3533

No comments:

Post a Comment