ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Avocado Hummus and BBQ Tater Bites

 

I went to Wild Cow the other day and ordered this amazing Chick Pea Salad that had a pile of yummy hummus on top. It was super delicious and I decided I’d try to recreate it.

IMG_3537IMG_3541

The BBQ Tater Bites were created out of too many awesome leftovers of things I shouldn’t really be eating…so in order to make myself feel less guilty about eating potatoes and barbeque, I made these small bites.

Slice leftover baked potato into 1/2 inch slices. Slather butter onto potato slice. Add a pile of BBQ, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.

I put a dollop of sour cream on top and served with a side of Avocado Hummus!

Avocado Hummus Recipe:

1 can chick peas (rinsed and drained)

1 avocado chopped

1/4 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

handful of sunflower seeds

salt/pepper/garlic powder …(I find that putting minced garlic in my hummus makes it way too strong)

2 tbs. chopped red onion  (just learned how to soak chopped onion in cool water for 10 minutes to make it less onion-y in a good way )

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until consistency is to your liking.

IMG_3538IMG_3540 <- Great texture here!

No comments:

Post a Comment