ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Low Carb Pizza!

 

Okay this turned out great…hubby didn’t like the flax seed meal, but it made a great big crust and I liked it!

I used this recipe for the crust: http://www.gourmetgirlcooks.com/2012/11/its-pizza-night-almondflaxparmesan-herb.html

I didn’t add water to the crust, however I put warm water all over my hands several times to spread the crust out. It kept sticking to my hands, so the water really helped!

 

For the sauce, I threw a can of those basily tomatoes, tomato paste and crushed tomatoes into the food processor. I sauteed onions and garlic in butter and olive oil then added the tomatoey mixture to the pan. Simmered for awhile…added salt and pepper…italian seasonings. Sauce was goooooood!

IMG_3236IMG_3235

I made three different pizza sections…one with italian sausage, one with carrots/bell peppers/garlic and then a barbecue pork with veggie section at the end. We didn’t have any “real” pizza toppings so it was a little hodge podge..which was fine for a snow day pizza!

IMG_3237IMG_3238IMG_3239IMG_3246

This pizza makes a lot of food! We have tons of leftovers. Yummmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment