ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Adventures of Tiny T-Rex and the Doll Parts


Every time I disassemble/behead a doll, I feel a piece of my soul die. But, hey...I still do it. 
This halloween our them is 'cartoon characters for costumes' so I'm trying to apply some of that to the decor. I saw this great idea on {pinterest} with doll heads in glass jars. I felt like I had to recreate that for our Halloween tablescape this year. I have a Halloween decoration addiction you should probably know about. 


I went thrifting yesterday on the hunt for bottles for my DIY Potion Bottles
and for dolls and a glass jar to hold their heads. Sounds so creepy when it comes out like that....


Along the way, I found this little friend and couldn't leave the store without him. Tiny T-Rex!

I'll add some green food colored water to this for the party....just to give it that 'formaldehyde' look. 

Tiny T-Rex had such a good time hanging out with the bone yard of doll parts. 

So my next idea for the doll parts was to either have them sticking out of dips (I'd wash them of course...) or create a garland of hanging arms and legs in a doorway somewhere...maybe a wreath even? 
We'll see what happens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment