ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Halloween Wreath on the Cheap

How to create a Halloween Wreath for less than $5.oo! 
[ This same concept could be applied to any holiday. ]

Materials: 
$1 wreath ~ Dollar Tree
Strips of fabric (fleece and desired print) 
String and black paper (or sewing machine) 
Ribbon of your choice
hot glue gun/glue sticks

I wanted a chevron print like the sample on pinterest, but in the interest of saving money I used some black and white polka dot fabric I had lying around. 

I cut the fabric into 2 inch strips...roughly. Cut first and never measure is my motto. 

Here's my dollar store wreath. I need to beef it up a bit, so I started by wrapping it in fleece strips.

Simply hot glue and press fleece onto glue...then wrap.


Once completely wrapped, I started the 2nd layer of fabric which is the print. I used the same method of hot glue and wrapping...covering up any unwanted seams/ends.

I tied a large green ribbon around the wreath and made a big bow. I always test my wreath on the door before I make any knots so that I don't cover up our peephole. 


The final touch was some paper bats I cut from scrapbook paper. I sewed this little garland using the sewing machine...I will probably redo these with some black paper and better spacing. But in the interest of wanted to say I finished the wreath, this will have to do tonight. 

Tada! Halloween Wreath for less than $5. 

18 Fun Halloween Decorating Ideas
Here's my inspiration from Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment