ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Super Simple Deviled Eggs

Is there anything better than deviled eggs? Yes I'm sure there is but I found them absolutely delicious yesterday. 

Why would you ever use miracle whip to make these? Cardinal sins! #mayoonly

Super Simple Deviled Eggs 
(Super low carb snack)

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1/3 cup mayo...maybe a little more if it's looking dry (Hellman's)
Tiny squirt of Dijon mustard 
Sprinkling of paprika
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil the eggs. I put them in a small saucepan and cover the eggs with cold water. Once the water comes to a boil I set a timer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and give the eggs an ice bath. 

Then peel, cut in half, dump the yolks in a bowl and create your mixture. Use a fork to really mash the yolks until smooth and creamy. Spoon mix back into egg halves and sprinkle with paprika. Don't oversalt your mix but also don't be shy with it either. 



Add-ins:
-pickle relish
-green onions
-sweet pickle relish
-diced pickles 
-diced kalamata olives


Funny sorry about Hellman's mayonaise...my husband and I were at a Nashville Sounds game which is not normal, we just happened to have free tickets. Anyways, we ordered some junk food and I was waiting in line for the ketchup when I observe a drunk man pump about a gallon of Hellman's onto his hotdogs.
    I said, "I'm glad I'm not the only person who eats mayo on their hotdogs." 

    To which he replied, "Is there any other way to do it?"

Words of wisdom.




No comments:

Post a Comment