ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Friday, January 8, 2016

Low Carb Spinach and Sausage Omelett

New Year's Resolutions are in full swing and for me that means my trusty low carb diet again. I had my first baby this past October and after 3 months of losing baby weight thanks to breastfeeding it's time to kick the last 15 pounds with a little help from my friend...low carbs! I actually enjoy this diet and feel better whilst on it. I instantly notice more energy and feel like my head is less cloudy. 

Here's breakfast today...4 grams roughly per serving. Makes 4 servings.
Since I have a baby in my life now, it's not as easy to just "make breakfast" so to make my life easier, I prep the veggies the night before. 

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 tbs milk
1/3 cup Tennessee Pride Sausage
4 grape tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
1/3 cup diced onion
2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
1/4 cup chopped parsley 
1 tsp diced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle of garlic powder
1/3 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese

Optional toppings:
Sriracha and 1/2 avocado (add 6 grams)

Directions:

Put sausage in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and start breaking up with wooden spatula. Crumble the sausage and cook throughly before adding other ingredients. 

Now add your veggies and sauté for a couple of minutes. 

Finally, beat the eggs and milk together and pour on top of meat and veggies. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to eggs.
Sprinkle some mozzarella or cheddar cheese on top and cover. Simmer on super low heat until eggs are firm which is about 5-10 minutes. I'm usually changing a diaper at this point so I walk away and come back to breakfast that's ready!

Slice like a pizza and enjoy with toppings or not! 

Don't have any eggs? Well do what I did yesterday and make it "eggless"...still delicious.









No comments:

Post a Comment