ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Binocular's Case

Easy sewing project when you need a little case or bag for something! This took about 20 minutes to make...if you're a better seamstress than me, then you can probably whip it up faster...seeing as how I don't measure things and pinning this before I sewed it was a miracle.



So my husband and I bought a pair of $10 binoculars to take on our cruise...they are actually pretty good for $10! (walmart...go figure) So he asked if could make a little carrying case for them...of course I loved the idea. 

So I cut a chunk of this awesomely thick padding...it's not 'batting', I wish I knew what it was but anyways. I cut a piece of nice thick fabric and folded in all the edges. To keep them down, I ironed them, then stacked the two pieces together. I wanted this softer, thick fabric to be on the inside of the pouch to protect the binoc's. 

Here you can see how I folded it in...you could make two of these if you wanted the inside to be 'pretty'. 


Next I just stitched all around the perimeter. At the last minute I stuffed a loop of elastic to make a hoop attachment. 

Next I folded the bottom up like an envelope, checking to see that the binoculars would fit inside...then stitched that together. 

Last step was adding a large button to loop the elastic around. Tada! Easy pouch/bag/carrier for something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment