ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Saturday, July 6, 2013

July Nails

Well I usually do some flags or red,white and blue themed nails for the 4th of July...and then a day later I feel like my Christmas tree is still up in January. So this year...I decided to do a deconstructed color scheme still within the patriotic bounds of 'Merica.


I found this idea on Pinterest...of course. Is anyone else getting tired of referencing Pinterest? I guess you have to...or else you're lying to yourself. Although us creative types don't "need" to steal everyone else's ideas, but I guess it's like finding lessons on the internet...why should you re-invent the wheel? Anyway, I'll post a link dammit.

No link...but this is pretty self-explanatory and luckily she's smart and puts her name all over her images.
 I basically copied this idea...hers looks better though. I think she used a better brush?


I always hate seeing stark white on my toes...seems ghostly. Or like I'm in bored in high school and painted my nails with white-out.
I layered colors just like that tutorial shows above. I am in love with the Dollar Tree's little nail polish brushes...but I might use a very small paintbrush next time. Clean it with nail polish remover? 


I used 4 colors....of blues. 

Then I tried this on my nails...and my hubby likes the pink better than the blue. However, after our recent trip to the Bahamas, I felt like a 'wave inspired' design was appropriate. 

There ya go...summer time, July nails. 




No comments:

Post a Comment