ButterMyBiscuits Etsy Shop

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New Tattoos!


Tattoo Day @ Electric Hand Tattoo in East Nashville
Tattoos by Tai: http://www.tattoosbt.com/

 I've been wanting more tattoos...naturally, like most people who start them realize they strangely become an addiction. So I knew I wanted an anchor...I should say, another anchor. This will be anchor number three for me. I know I have an addiction to anchor tattoos...it's a problem. Anyway, I decided to pair the anchor with a clipper ship, another image I'd been 'floating around in my head'. I found this amazing tattoo artist, Tai...who is super cool and did a great job. And, it's probably the least painful tattoos I've gotten..not sure if it's the area or her "light as a feather" touch...but overall great tattooing experience.


Anchor on Left Ankle / Ship on Right


I know it's cheesy to have some deep meaning behind your tattoos...I think so anyways. But I really do have a good reason for getting these...I guess. I suppose we talk ourselves into the meaning...like most of my art, I make it and then try to figure out the "why" part. The anchor has become a "family" symbol for me. My grandfather, Papa, was in the Navy and had an anchor (that he apparently hated) on his left arm. I didn't find out that hated his tattoo until after I got my first one...thanks Mom! But that's okay. It makes me think of Papa, so I win. 

Once I assigned the anchor as a symbol for my family, I have been obsessed with them ever since. I also have a weird passion for nautical themed imagery as well. So that doesn't help the addition. But the ship idea came to me at Christmas when we bought my step dad, Bill, some Captain Black pipe tobacco and I saw their ship emblem and fell in love. I knew that would be my next endeavor. 
What I really like about the dichotomy between these two is that the anchor represents the solid foundation/ground my family provides for me. The ship symbolizes things yet to come, my future with Daniel...I think it's really sweet and surprising that I would be such a sap, but hey, tattoos get to you. 

This is a few hours after the session.. it's a little dark right now and puffy...so I'll get better pics later once they're healed up. 

Yay! Two new tats! 



No comments:

Post a Comment